Sunday, August 22, 2010

Continuing Work In Progress

Painting continues to be fun, and I'm really quite pleased with what I'm producing, though I don't really think of it as painting, more sketching with acrylic paint. One day soon I hope to be bold and not cheap, and really lay the paint down thick, but it just doesn't seem to be my style.

\ This was a still life Clay set up, though no one seemed to like my painting as much as I did. I'd say this is a finished piece.

Was going to give Tim this as 21st present, probably still will, but I didn't put the energy into finishing it the next day when I came down sick and decided not to go to the party.

Fixed the upper lip problems I was having, put some white into her eyes, and kept trying to get the shading on her face right. Still not sure if it's finished, but it's closer.

Not pictured, but I put the red paint across the top of the Abe pic, and I think it's an improvement, but I still need to put more in, I think.

It takes two to paint. One to paint, the other to stand by with an axe to kill him before he spoils it.
-William Merritt Chase

No comments: