Friday, March 23, 2012

The Eye (Work In Progress)

This is a new piece I started yesterday. Someone had thrown out a couple of paintings at work, basically the orange and splotchy squares you can see, plus some wallpaper glued to it. I took the wallpaper off and just used what was left as my blank canvas, unfortunately the glue is still left behind, as you can see. Not sure yet if I'm going to try paint over it, try match the orange, or just leave it as an element on the canvas. I wanted to try paint something larger, to work as an exercise in detail and make it easier for that. I'm happy with how it's started, but not sure if I'll be happy with my technical skill at the end of the journey. Also considering whether I'll be putting other elements in it, maybe a cosmonaut in the left hand corner. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting so far yl