Wednesday, October 7, 2009

More BBQ Pork & Wonton Noodle Soup Review


I went and saw "Accident" yesterday, but before doing that I decided to have some lunch, and so try another BBQ Pork & Wonton Noodle Soup. You’ll forgive me if I can’t remember the restaurant’s name, but as it’s unlikely you’ll go there, I’m not too fazed. But it’s the one right next to the cinema (to the left) if you’re over that way.
So, let’s get down to it. The pork portion was generous and tasty, but wasn’t a standout. It certainly wasn’t as tasty as the last No. 8 I had at Jackpot, but at the same time, it was certainly tastier than other times at Jackpot. The wonton’s were good, very meaty and yummy. A nice number, more than at Jackpot and better, but I don’t think they beat Golden BBQ. The noodle were plentiful, though I’m not sure they were thoroughly cooked, they felt a bit clumpy. Nice though, they tasted good. I didn’t really focus on the soup, it didn’t stand out like Golden BBQ’s, but it’s still nicer than Jackpot’s. Plenty of cabbage or whatever it is. I tried it to be fair, and it wasn’t bad, but that’s not why I get BBQ Pork & Wonton Noodle Soup.
Overall it was fine, but at that price point, $10.80, I’d like it to taste better. I’m also including a shot of some Honey BBQ Pork than Dan ordered. It was really good. Delicious.

No comments: