Sunday, October 18, 2009

Nancy Allison-Levick, 13th Nov.1917-18th Oct. 2009


My Grandma died last night, or early this morning if you want to be technical. She'd been doing ok for an old lady, but had a stroke recently which I think was the beginning of the end, but I'm no doctor so don't quote me. Over the last few days we've kind of been expecting it, and last night she passed away a bit after 3 a.m. No distant train's rumble or taxi lights, just a phone call in the middle of the night. Dad had been staying with her over the last couple of nights, and I was hoping to get another visit in today, but that wasn't to be. I did get to visit her on Friday, and I told her about how I was organising a meeting with a friend of a friend who owns an art gallery to talk about my art and stuff. I know that made her happy. She always encouraged me in my art, and did some painting herself, mostly watercolours and abstracts, but she did some prints as well. If you've ever liked any of my art, you can thank her. I'll miss her.

No comments: