Saturday, August 1, 2009

When Public Service Announcements Get Left Behind

I came across this on on someone else blog when I followed a link about why girls cry in comics. That was highly amusing, and if I haven't linked to it here, I will in the future. But this was just something that couldn't wait any longer. It's one of those things where it's funny because it is so wrong and misguided, even if it was from over 50 years ago. Click on picture I think for larger view.


On closer viewing, you can see it has been altered. But I was suckered in and thought it was the real deal, until I realised he was saying "assface", which would never fly in a comic from the '50's. Still funny, but maybe not as much now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

similar cartoons here- http://www.mnftiu.cc

andy said...

what a shame.
Though i was thinking the insult meant 'donkeyface' & still therefore believable.

i still remember 'ass' being the one word i couldn't spell in a grade 1 or 2 spelling test. i think i just said "a... s??"