Thursday, August 13, 2009

Interview With Michael Giacchino

The music, through the themes and their elaboration, should be like the engine of a story. If a film were a book, the music should be something that makes the pages turn.
The above is a quote from composer Michael Giacchino, a name I started noticing about a year ago, but seems to be popping up all the time. I think Speed Racer is the first time I noticed it, but I've seen it plenty of times since then, Star Trek and Land of the Lost just recently come to mind. After reading the interview, I also discovered he does the soundtrack for Lost. The interview maybe isn't all that interesting if you never really think about soundtracks, but I've put it up if you want to read it. Head over to Twitch.com.

1 comment:

andy said...

interesting! thanks.