Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sunnybank Dining: Himawari


I was planning on having some ramen for lunch, but the line at Hakataya was too long, so I decided to pop next door to Himawari, which means sunflower, and try their ramen. I'd been meaning to try them out for a while, so I was glad for the opportunity.
They offer two types of ramen, the Miso and the Shoyu. I went with the Shoyu. They give you a complimentary bowl of Miso soup anyway, as you can see in the photos. It didn't come with a spoon, so I waited for my ramen to arrive. If I drank it from the bowl, it just goes in my moustache, but you may not have that problem.
The soup was delicious, as in the liquid soup. Maybe I haven't had Shoyu before, so I can't recommend it over Taro's necessarily, but I'm thinking if I'm back at Sunnybank, I might prefer this to Hakataya. The pork was minimal, only 2 slices, but substantial pieces, nice and thick, and tasty, really very tasty. It had some radish in also, but I'm not really a radish fan, so I left that floating all by itself in the bowl. But the noodle, I think I ate up all the noodle I could manage to snag, it too was very tasty. So each of the individual ingredients were very good in and of themselves, but then you combine them, and you get a very tasty ramen.
The advantage that Hakataya might have over Himawari would be value. When you add in the "kaidama", the free bowl of noodle refill, its tempting to choose that over the other, but I really liked this ramen, so I will definitely go back for another bowl down the line.



No comments: